Located right in the middle of the state of Louisiana, the Crossroads Region serves up all things Louisiana – including the finest in Southern Hospitality at some of the South’s most charming and inviting Bed and Breakfast Inns. Alexandria, Crossroad’s largest city, delights travelers with its beauty and wildlife with such areas as the Wild Azalea National Recreation Trail and the Kincaid Lake Recreation Area including the 800,000 acre Kisatchie National Forest – an enchanting area where one can glimpse bears, possums and deer. If your travels take you to the El Camino Real, this breathtaking 185,000-acre area is home to the Toledo Bend Reservoir and some of the country’s best fishing, hunting and birding.
Yet for the more culturally inclined, visit the Frogmore Plantation where one can see a slave wedding reenactment. For the really adventurous, visit the Loyd Hall Plantation for a night with the red-haired violin-playing ghost! Crossroads truly has something for everyone – come let the Southern Hospitality of our Innkeepers introduce you to “Joy of Living” with a stay at one of our Crossroads Region Louisiana Bed and Breakfasts, inns or unique lodging properties.
- The Good House Bed and Breakfast
- 318-332-5195; (Fax: 318-356-8718)
- 314 Poete Street, Natchitoches, LA
- Nestled among pecan trees overlooking the ebb of Bayou Amulet, sits the Good House Bed and Breakfast, a charming English cottage. Built in 1930, the completely restored Good House Bed and Breakfast is elegantly furnished with period antiques as well as traditional decor that creates a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Sweet Cane Inn
- 926 Washington Street, Natchitoches, LA 71457
- Sweet Cane Inn’s stately presence boasts of 12 foot ceilings, 11 fireplaces, and wall of stained glassed windows at the top of the stairs which curve and lead to seven beautifully spacious rooms and suites.