Cajun Country Inns
Located in the South Central region of Louisiana and stretching across the Gulf of Mexico is the haunting and mystical area known as Cajun Country. Filled with Bed and Breakfasts, inns and unique Louisiana lodging, Louisiana’s Cajun Country B&B innkeepers know how to serve up hospitality. The French Canadians settled into this area permanently changing both the culture and landscape of Louisiana. In Cajun Country, you’ll discover the breath-taking bayous, dance to the Zydeco music beat, and eat a bit of crawfish to boot! Experience the fascinating living history museums such as the Acadian Village and the Mississippi Mud Museum – where the recreation of the past merges with the culture of the present, allowing its visitors a rich taste of their history. In fact, this taste will leave you wanting more.
Take in a swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin, glimpsing egrets in flight and blue herons tall and still against the night sky. All along the Cajun Coast, you can immerse yourself in the wildlife of the swamps, or a deep sea fishing excursion on the Gulf of Mexico. If wildlife exploration is not your preference, perhaps a visit the to Liberty Theater, home of the Cajun Grand Old Opry is in order – the refrains of a rich diversity will resonate in your memory long after the experience. When you’re ready for a Cajun Country Louisiana Bed and Breakfast experience which is rich in culture, the B&B innkeepers are ready to receive you.
- Old Castillo B&B
- (337) 394-4010
- 220 Evangeline Boulevard, Saint Martinville, LA 70582
- The Old Castillo Bed and Breakfast, located 10 miles from Lafayette, LA, was built circa 1827 by Captain Edmond Castillo.
- A La Maison Crochet - Crochet House Bed & Breakfast
- (985) 879-3033
- 301 Midland Drive, Houma, LA 70360
- Come down the Bayou to the heart of Cajun Country.
- Maison Madeleine at Lake Martin (Breaux Bridge)
- (337) 332-4555
- 1015 John D Hebert Drive, Saint Martinville, LA 70582
- Maison Madeleine c1840 is a restored creole cottage on the National Register in Acadiana at Lake Martin situated between Lafayette and Breaux Bridge.
- Apartment A
- (337) 652-6148
- 110 North Saint Charles Street, Abbeville, LA 70510
- Apartment A is a unique Bed and Breakfast, located in the heart of downtown Abbeville. It offers a bedroom, living room and kitchen combination. Allows small pets with prior approval.
- The Ducote-Williams House
- (337) 898-0048
- 401 North Saint Charles Street, Abbeville, LA 70510
- Charming turn of the century home in Historic District. Beautifully restored & furnished.
- Au Bayou Teche Bed & Breakfast
- (337) 332-1049
- 205 Washington Street, Breaux Bridge, LA 70517
- Guests can stay at the oldest Historical Building & Cajun Cottage in St. Martin Parish while experiencing the charm and Cajun culture of Breaux Bridge, Louisiana .
- Bayou Rose Cottage
- (337) 893-8093
- Peacefully nestled on the banks of the Vermilion River, Bayou Rose awaits your visit to the beautiful historical district of Abbeville.